November 19, 2010

Holiday Photos With The B Family

You know, Sylvia is not a super common name. And where I live, there aren't that many of us around. But I found one! Thanks to Marisa and Stuart, a family I recently photographed, I met Sylvia, Rolf, and their two kids, Erik and Marlena. A few weeks ago, we met at Old Settler's Park to take some holiday pics.

Before our session, I asked Sylvia what kinds of activities the kids were into, mostly because I like to capture some elements of their personalities in my photos. Erik is a football player, so I wanted to take some sports pics of him. Marlena, on the other hand, has been in dance almost her entire life. So I asked her to bring her toe shoes. Brother and sister, a jock and a ballerina ... total opposites in what they do, have different tastes in music ... yet I sensed that they are close. Love the images of them, but I also like the images of Sylvia and Rolf smiling at each other, and Marlena and her mom walking in the park together, totally in a girl moment. Capturing those kind of moments make my job so fun!

Sylvia, Rolf, Erik and Marlena -- thank you for a great photo session and for the opportunity to document your family for the holidays. I hope that I can photograph you guys some time again!

All the best! -- S