July 22, 2009

Tom, Tara, Shane and Sloan: Family Pics

It was all set ... a nice family portrait day at Helen's Garden.  Beautiful flowers, pretty fountain, lush greenery, and nice walkways everywhere. But it seemed that Mother Nature had different ideas.  The weather had been threatening rain, but so far, so good.  On my way there, I thought, "maybe we'll luck out."  Wouldn't you know ... just when I turned into the parking lot, I swear Annie Lennox could have been on the radio singing to me "here comes the rain again." Murphy's Law, for sure!  Fortunately, it was a just a short rain shower and after a little time (and careful coordination not to get too wet), Tom, Tara, Shane and Sloan were able to get these pictures done after all.

I really love being able to capture family pictures in a relaxed, natural setting. Formal portraits definitely have its place, but this is more fun, especially for kids.  Both the boys did great for the camera, especially when there was any climbing to be had!  

Much thanks to Tom and Tara for allowing me the opportunity to take pictures of you and your sweet boys!  They really are ah-dor-able!