July 22, 2009

The Littlest Surfer Dude

What a fun photo shoot this was!  Baby Myles, his mom Cristen, and grandma Rachael posed for me at a nice spot on the Galveston beach.  Even though he's only six months old, it was pretty evident this was not Myles' first time at the beach.  He seemed right at home there!  But, it was his first time to sit and handle sand.  I wanted to be sure and get a few shots in BEFORE his little sandy hands hit his mouth (which they did)!  Such a sweet, happy baby!  

Rachael and Cristen -- I'm so glad to have met you!  Thank you for letting me document Myles at such a special time in his life.  It's easy to see that he is a lucky -- and very loved -- little boy!







I always loved my kids' baby shoes!  I HAD to got a shot of these.  Of course, I really don't think Chris ever had sandals this small (yeah, even as a newborn)!

This one is my favorite!  Such a sweet, tender moment with baby, mom and grandma!


Rachael and Myles, in another sweet moment!


Believe it or not, this picture was NOT set up nor planned ... totally spontaneous!  I looked up and saw Cristen heading towards the water with Myles, kicked off my flip flops and just started shooting. Love this one too!

Myles seemed right at home in the water!
Even though he'd just had a nap, I think we kind of wore poor little Myles out with the photo shoot!  He seemed perfectly content to hang out with Grandma once we were done!  A little bottle time and he's thinking, "it's all good!"