December 08, 2009

Birthday Boy

Today, my little boy turns eight years old. And it's his golden birthday ... the day when your age matches the day of the month on which you were born. Such a special time for him!

Every mom says this on her child's birthday: "I can't believe it .... my baby ... is already (fill in the blank) years old. Where has the time gone?" But it's so true! My baby boy is obviously not a baby anymore. He's starting to lose some of the babyish features he had not that long ago. And let's face it, with his football player like size, he hasn't looked like a baby in ... well, even I have to admit he's hardly ever looked like one. ha! ha! But my little guy (I guess I should call him that instead) is growing up fast, and I'm so very proud of him! He's made a lot of progress in school, did well this past season in baseball and is doing well in his piano studies. But most of all, he's becoming a very sweet natured, polite and smart young man. I couldn't ask for a better son! Here are some pics of my little man, from his baby days to now.

So today, Chris ... have a wonderful day, full of all your favorite things and surrounded by your friends and family. I love you, sweetie ... Happy Birthday! Love, Mom


"Your birthday, as my own, to me is dear. But yours gives most, for mine did only lend me to the world, yours gave me my son." -- unknown