December 20, 2009

Our Christmas Road Trips

Recently, my family and I took a couple of Christmas road trips. You probably remember doing something like that as a kid ... you know, pack everyone in the car and go see the Christmas lights somewhere? I have some pretty fond memories of doing that when my brother and I were little. Last weekend, we headed out to Salado, TX and spent a little time checking out all the lights. This weekend, I was supposed to finish out my shopping and do errands, but it was a nice day and the kids wanted to go back. We decided instead to take them out to Gruene, TX (one of our favorite Texas towns) for some dinner and a little Christmas sightseeing. Here are some highlight photos from our trips.

So, now, I REALLY gotta get my shop on and finish out my list. But hey, that's what gift cards are for, right? :)

"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful." --Norman Vincent Peale


Wreath Angel -- @ Salado -- 12.13.2009


Salado -- 12.13.2009


Outside Gruene Hall, just as the sun was going down -- 12.19.2009


Outside Gruene Hall --- love this place! I've seen two concerts there, and Jon and I have danced once inside. Love all the musical history there! -- 12.19.2009


Inside Gruene Hall. It was still a bit empty in the main room, but people were starting to arrive for the evening's show. Got this shot before it was too busy. -- Chris, Kate and Annie -- Gruene Hall -- 12.19.2009


The Gruene Water Tower -- 12.19.2009


Kate, Annie and Chris -- outside the Gristmill -- 12.19.2009


The main street in Gruene -- 12.19.2009


I love visting the Gruene General Store and Cotton Eyed Joe's. -- 12.19.2009


Outside Gruene Hall. Really wish the car wasn't parked in the front, but oh well ... -- 12.19.2009