February 10, 2011

Photo Walking in the Austin Warehouse District

It was a gorgeous day in Austin. With the weather as cold as it's been, it was certainly a nice break to have a day that was not so cold! It was a great opportunity for a photo walk with Kelly and Marisa in the Austin Warehouse District.

I love shooting there. So many urban settings and interesting backgrounds. Marisa is a photojournalism student and has been studying photography for some time. Since she's going to be assisting me in some of my upcoming photo sessions, we thought we'd get some time in for her to get familiar with my camera and my lenses. Her friend Kelly was nice enough to be our model for the day. Gorgeous day, two cameras, a fun model and a few hours in the sun = photography heaven! Here are some my favorite images from our session!

Have a great evening! -- S




Love Kelly's expression in this one! 



I've shot from this angle before, but not with someone positioned behind this.  I thought it might be cool framing to have Kelly pose behind this structure.  Love Marisa's shot of this!  

 
I love playing with sun flare pics!

Rock on, Kelly!  Yay .... air guitar in front of Antone's!  :)  So, while I really love all these pics we both took, this next one is also a new fave.  Yes, we photographers will do just about anything to get the shot ...  :).