March 22, 2011

Speed Limit 180 at the Austin Rodeo

Yes, I know two of them are mine, so I'm a proud mom.  But seriously ... these guys are pretty amazing!  Annie, Kate, Marley, Mason and Taylor ROCKED the Austin Rodeo this past Friday.  When you hear them play, it's sometimes hard to remember that they're still only ages 11 - 16.  They certainly got the attention of many people in the audience.


Here are some of my pics from their day at the rodeo.  Have a great Tuesday!  -- S

(Left) Annie on rhythm guitar and vocals.  She was excited to get a chance to play a little solo time too.  (Right) Kate on drums and vocals.  She was so funny.   She likes to drum barefoot.  Just before she went onstage, she came to me and asked "do you think people will think it's weird if I come upstage for my solo barefoot?"  I just smiled and said "Sweetie, this is Austin."  No shoes?  No problem! 
Taylor on lead guitar, Marley on bass.  Taylor's green and black guitar is a special one ... Marley designed and created it for her.  These girls are such incredible musicians!  I love watching both of them and how fast their fingers hit those strings! 

Mason ... the dude!! Yeah, I think he kinda enjoys being the only guy in the band.  What guy wouldn't like that?  

(Left) Taylor, during the count off from Kansas City into Wooly Bully.  (Right) Kate upstage to sing her solo Hit Me With Your Best Shot.  


SL180 in Austin!  Come see them at their next gig!  Check out the details below ...