July 05, 2011

Celebrating Fourth of July -- Dell Diamond Style


Saturday night at the ballpark on Fourth of July weekend. No fireworks allowed because of the drought in Austin, but it was just as well. The game went into extra innings (for an Express win!!) and a great concert from Bob Schneider.

Taking concert pictures at the Dell Diamond is not an easy thing to do. The stage is set high above the field, and there’s a gate across the stage. Which means I get shots of instruments, fence, and maybe half a head. Lighting from that angle isn’t that great either. This time I took maybe two shots from there and said enough. I walked off the field, around to backstage, and finally onto the stage. Sooo much better! Check out some of my fave pics from the game and concert!

Have a great Tuesday! -- S


I love how goofy Spike can be!