July 24, 2009

It's A Family Affair

We grew up close ... my cousin and me. Almost two years apart in age, we were together a lot, either at her house, mine, or our grandparents' home. As children, we developed that bond as family that is so special and never goes away. She was always a favorite playmate, my Barbie buddy. In fact (I know, Clarissa, you're probably dying as you read this 'cause you know what's coming next, but hey, admit it, it's a cute story!) I still remember asking her to be my maid of honor over a Barbie wedding when we were kids. I was eight, and she was about six or seven. She agreed, and it meant the world to me that she kept that promise 20 years later.


Today, we don't live in the same city, but when we talk, it's like we just pick up where we left off. It still touches my heart that she NEVER forgets to call me on my birthday, and when I'm in Houston, I always try to see her and her family. On this visit, I got to take some family portraits of her, her husband Paul, and their insanely gorgeous kids Ava and Gavin. Thanks so much guys, for letting me freeze frame you and the little ones! I love you lots! xoxo





You would never believe that this girl, not long ago, was once shy for the camera! She would see me pointing the lens her way, and would look the other way/twist/hide/run for dear life before allowing me to take her picture. Now look at her! Yes, I consider this a personal victory!
Love, love, love this picture of Ava! Those beautiful eyes just sparkle!!
It is not easy to catch this little dude! Next time I'm bringing my paparazzi style lens to catch him when he's not looking!


Yeah, there's just something about a piano that draws people to it ... whether they play or not. Ava and Gavin had a good time playing (umm, attacking ...) it. :) But hey, if anyone's used to that, it's me!