September 02, 2009

Bowling for Doggie Dollars

Well, okay ... I've been a bit busy since my last post. Once we got back into town, it seems that the entire month just flew by. But school has started, so at last ... a little more "me" time to blog! This past Saturday, my family and I attended the Humane Society of Williamson County's Bowl-A-Thon in Georgetown, TX. My kids were on two bowling teams and got to play the game for three hours towards raising funds for the organization. But more importantly for them, they had fun! Bowling is a favorite pasttime for them -- something they enjoy with both of their grandpas. My father-in-law likes to take them to bowl when we're in Houston, and my dad, being on a couple of bowling leagues, plays the game with them.

HSWC held a silent auction as part of their fundraising efforts, and I donated my photography services for a holiday portrait session. The bowl-a-thon went well in raising funds and they announced at the end of our time there that it also resulted in 150 pet adoptions that day. Much to my kids' disappointment, though, we didn't walk out with a puppy (Annemarie's allergic to dogs), but we helped with a good cause! Here are several pics from our fun day!













The volunteers who put together the bowl-a-thon. Great job everyone!

My neighbors, Melanie & Scot.


I like this picture of Kate and I! Photo taken by Kim de Araujo.



Chris, obviously in need of more practice .... LOL.