May 10, 2010

Thinking of Mom

Another Mother's Day has come and gone. I love all the special hugs, kisses, and beautiful gifts and words from my kids, my husband and my family on this day. This year, I received the most beautiful handmade pictures and crafts from the kids, added a few charms to my new Pandora bracelet (very cool!), had some awesome wine and cheese, and had a wonderful luncheon with my family. It really was a nice day.

Still, celebrating Mom's Day is still a little bit hard for me without my mom. Even with the time that has passed since her death, there is still a bit of an empty feeling that comes along with the holiday. Several times throughout the day on Sunday, I remembered many other Mother's Days together with her, and wished like crazy that she could still be with me now. I took a lot of comfort yesterday in being with my Annie, Kate and Chris, as well as my wonderful mother-in-law (love you, Bonnie!).

Here are pictures from our family luncheon, along with a special photo of my mom and me. I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day, celebrating with the ones you love. -- S


"Mother's Day is in honor of the best Mother who ever lived-- the Mother of your heart." --Anna Jarvis


This is a special photo for me, one of my favorites. This is my mother and I at a Mother's Day lunch, in May 1985. I have this in a special frame with a "mom and me" quote. Miss you, Mom!


Me with Annie, Chris and Kate. Photo taken by Fred Swain.



Me with a couple of very special ladies in my family, my sis-in-law Kathleen and my mother-in-law, Bonnie. What's Mother's Day without a few photos of the ladies doing the arm on the hip thing? I mean, we all do it, right? ha!


Chris still likes to nuzzle noses with me. I don't know how much longer he'll want to do this, but I will take as much of his snuggle time as I can get! So, here are my kids ....

Chris ....


Kate ...


... and Annie with her Uncle Fred.