January 03, 2011

A Memo To My Dad

To: Dad
From: Your loving, favorite (and only) daughter
Date: January 3, 2011
Subj: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Just a few words to commemorate your special day today. Happy Birthday to the man who taught me how to catch a ball, taught me how to bowl, and passed on his love of music and family. Thank you for all the wonderful outings/lunches/bowling beat downs (ha ha) with you, Janet and the kids -- Annie, Kate, Chris and I have loved the time we have spent with you. I am so fortunate to have you as my dad, and I am very proud to be your daughter!

I hope you're having the happiest of birthdays today! I love you! -- S


A restored-as-much-as-possible photo of my dad with his trumpet, back in the day.

Dad and Janet. This is my favorite photo of them.

Dad at a family reunion, ready to get his game on with the grandsons.